China – Shanghai – Nantong – Nanjing
Photos of my China trip are now online.
Shanghai is the largest city and a global financial center located in the eastern part of China. It is known for its modern architecture, vibrant nightlife, and rich history. It is also a great place to explore the blend of Chinese traditional and modern culture.
Nantong is a city located in the eastern part of China, in the Jiangsu province, and it is located about 150 km northwest of Shanghai. It is known for its history as a center of textile production, and its well-preserved ancient architecture.
Nanjing is the capital city of Jiangsu province, it is located about 300 km west of Shanghai and it is one of the four ancient capitals of China. It is known for its historical sites such as the Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum and Confucius Temple, as well as its beautiful parks and gardens, including the Purple Mountain and Mochou Lake.
Some popular things to see and do in Shanghai include:
- Visiting the Bund, a famous waterfront area that offers a great view of the city’s famous skyline
- Exploring the Yuyuan Garden, a traditional Chinese garden that offers a beautiful and peaceful oasis in the heart of the city
- Visiting the Shanghai Museum, which houses a vast collection of Chinese art and artifacts, including bronze, ceramics, jade, and calligraphy.
- Visiting the Shanghai Tower, the second-tallest building in the world and offers panoramic views of the city from its observation deck.
- Visiting the French Concession, an area of Shanghai that was once a French colony and still retains a charming European feel.
Some popular things to see and do in Nantong include:
- Visiting the Tongzhou Canal, a canal that runs through the city center and offers a glimpse into the city’s history as a center of textile production
- Visiting the Nantong Museum, which houses a collection of artifacts that highlight the city’s history and culture
- Visiting the Tongxing Street, a street that is lined with well-preserved ancient buildings, and offers a glimpse into the city’s history
Some popular things to see and do in Nanjing include:
- Visiting the Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, the tomb of the Hongwu Emperor, the founder of the Ming dynasty, and offers a glimpse into the imperial court’s history and culture
- Visiting the Confucius Temple, a temple dedicated to the famous Chinese philosopher, and offers a glimpse into ancient Chinese culture and history
- Visiting the Purple Mountain, a mountain that offers beautiful views of the city and contains several historical sites such as the Sun Yat-sen Mausole